Old 19-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
Tim Challenger writes:

after Mike wrote:

| Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?
|
| That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in first.
| The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

Quite, if you go to India you will see it adorning lots of temples and also
lorries (together with the request "Horn for side" whatever that means).
It's an ancient (Aryan ?) symbol and the Nazi's simply borrowed it. I've
never looked to see if it's on the temples in Southall when I go there for a
meal, I expect it is somewhere.
--
Regards
Bob