Old 19-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Doe John

Default Hand held tools for pulling/digging out roots and stems from woody brush

After cutting woody brush, I am left with a lot of stems and their
roots. IS there a hand held tool which will pull out the roots? There
is something called a weed wrench, but very expensive . Home Depot has
an item called the Garden Weasel CLaw Gold Cultivator, which doesn't
actually pull anything, but loosens the soil. I have plenty of time on
my hand til the fall when I plan to reseed, and I don't mind the sweat
and effort.

I assume leaving the stems there , cutting them to ground level,and
using a lawnmower to mow the grass is a bad idea.

Thanks