Old 20-05-2005, 01:44 AM
peter

"Doe John" wrote in message
After cutting woody brush, I am left with a lot of stems and their
roots. IS there a hand held tool which will pull out the roots? There
is something called a weed wrench, but very expensive . Home Depot has
an item called the Garden Weasel CLaw Gold Cultivator, which doesn't
actually pull anything, but loosens the soil. I have plenty of time on
my hand til the fall when I plan to reseed, and I don't mind the sweat
and effort.

I assume leaving the stems there , cutting them to ground level,and
using a lawnmower to mow the grass is a bad idea.

Thanks

I reckon if the plant is mowed, the roots and stuff will eventually
decompose. Sounds like a problem solved, unless you want to turn the area
over in the next few months. If the stems are thin enough to mow over, how
come they just don't get dug out with a spade or something?