Old 19-05-2005, 11:42 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article 1116509792.e92652333d540e1a373573be2d570554@teran ews,
Tim Challenger writes:
On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:07:11 +0000 (UTC), Mike wrote:

Would they have given in and accepted us under the Swastika?

That's pretty good going. I'm impressed. Talk about getting in
first. The *first* post has already got around to Hitler.

I should like to point out that the swastika, also known as a
gammadion or fylfot, is an ancient symbol and has maintained
its beneficial aspects in the East.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Actually, Nick, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original meaning of
the symbol slightly sinister and that it was adopted by Hinduism as a symbol
of peace? The reason Hitler adopted it as the symbol for the Nazis was
because of the ideals of the Aryans - i.e. they wanted to create a utopian
society and considrered themselves to be superior to the rest of mankind.
These days, 'aryan' is a byword for white supremacy and right-wing
extremists (prime example, the Aryan Nations, the paramilitary wing of the
Church of Jesus Christ Christian).

I'm not going to say anything more as I don't want to turn this into a
political discussion.

Sarah