Old 20-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Jim

At 01:36 PM 5/19/2005, Ethan Smith wrote:

I am thinking about putting in a new growing bed in my back yard
specifically for pre-bonsai cultivation and training.

I have built several and have found that landscape timbers stacked three or
preferably four high work well. Mine are 8 and 16 feet long and 4 feet
wide (this utilizes the timbers with no waste and are easily
worked/weeded. Bridge spikes are used to nail each layer and the ends are
overlapped so that the structure is fairly solid. I filled mine with equal
parts top soil and builders sand augmented with my "used" bonsai soil

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++