Old 20-05-2005, 05:37 AM
presley

3 hours a day may be adequate sun at 30 degrees latitude, but not at 45
degrees, where 5-7 hours would be the minimum needed for good tomato
production. The angle and intensity of sunlight are important factors in
things like this. That being said, cherry tomatoes are more tolerant of
almost anything than the full size varieties.
"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Ottawa" wrote in message
I am growing cherry tomatoes in pots as well. How big should my pot be?
Also, I realized because of the trees aroudn my house I get maybe 4 hours

of
direct sunlight in any area a day. Is this a problem?

In my experience, you can get away with a one gallon pot, but a three
gallon
pot would be better. I had a neighbor who grew tomatoes in pots on the
north side of his house with lots of shade from trees and they produced
faily well. If all you have is 4 hours, then go with it. The alternative
would be to not grown them.