Old 06-02-2003, 08:12 PM
SusieThompson

Default OT Red squirrel

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

Sorry if you're seeing this again..I posted about this yesterday but it
hasn't appeared.

We had a red squirrel on and in the birdfeeder yesterday (no grey ones
here on Arran). The BF he was investigating contained a large lump of
suet and some black sunflower seeds; unluckily I had to go out so hadn't
time to see which he was after...does anyone know? Perhaps he hadn't
noticed several peanut feeders nearby :-)

Hello Janet

We get a couple of red squirrels on the bird table fairly regularly.
Aren't they something, and prodigious time wasters when you're supposed
to be doing something else. Mind you, they haven't been around since
we've had the snow. Are they hibernating or have they decamped over to
you? As far as I can make out, ours go for the peanuts first, but they
will eat black sunflower seed and some of the other grains that come in
the mix that we feed to the pheasants. We don't put suet out, so can't
comment on that, but they've ignored the coconut we hung up completely.
We do get a lot of pheasants in the garden - what sort of damage can
they do to plants, etc? Do you know?

--
Susie Thompson, Isle of Arran
SPAM BLOCK IN OPERATION! Replace "deadspam.com" with "arrandragons.co.uk" to