Old 07-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Cat Grass!

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:08:17 +0000, Kay Easton wrote:

Cats chew grass - I don't think it's really clear why, may be something
If they don't have grass available, then they will often turn to
houseplants instead.
So it's suggested that indoor cats should have a tray of grass
available.

Now that I can confirm, both my cats chew grass on occassion - and one of
them chews the spider plants in the house if he can.... I don't mind this
particuarly. What annoyed me was the same cat eating the tops off my
sweetcorn plants last year as they were growing in the conservatory!

Mind you - perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised, this same cat loves
corn on the cob!! He goes absolutley mad for it, and will quite happily
strip a corn cob totally by rolling it around on the floor till he's got
all the bits off.

Sarah (owner of a slightly bonkers cat)