Old 20-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Ray

Most likely they are "springtails," which apparently don't do harm to your
plants, but in my opinion, they are yet another indicator that the potting
medium is "going south" and needs to be replaced. I wouldn't do so until
the plant is done blooming, but you'll want to do so as soon after that as
you can.

wrote in message
I read some place (in here) where the tiny white bugs might be
harmless bark decaying bugs or whatever. In that case changing the
medium (spraghum moss is good) will fix that, but not if you want to
keep the flowers. Make sure you don't have mealy bugs, do a google
search and you'll see what they look like. As for the wrinkly
appearance, that's probably due to the plant having no roots. When you
repot it cut out all the black hollow roots and use new medium.
Stearilize your tools and feel down inside the rim of the plant to see
if it's dry. Tell us where your plant's at (what window) and how you
treat it. There's some real smart people in here that can help you
alot. Read up on the care of phals. I had one that had two flowers and
lost one due to it getting too hot one day in my room. Now I have one
with 10 buds and 3 blossoms by probably tomorrow.......Burr