Old 20-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Gale Pearce

If you use the regular "bulkhead" fittings, they seal themselves to the
container with a rubber gasket and won't leak and they aren't expensive
Gale :~)
I'm currently putting together a biofilter made from a 35 gallon
rubbermaid container. I have a question regarding the inlet, outlet,
and drain valve installation. I cut the holes in the rubbermaid
container so the pvc fit's nicely but I was wondering what to use to
glue them to the container so they will be strong and leak proof? I
know silicone is recomended to seal for leaks but is it strong enough
to hold everything in place if the container is moved around for
cleaning and such? Also...I'm putting in (4) 4" long pieces of pvc
pipe inside the container (one in each corner) to use as shelf supports
to keep the pvc pipe raised 4" off the bottom of the container. What
type of adheasive should I use for this?

Thanks so much
Mike