Old 20-05-2005, 09:59 AM
Kay

In article , Bowser Bowser.1pbm81@gar
denbanter.co.uk writes

Hi folks, nice site you have here,

This is not a website, it's a newsgroup. Gardenbanter merely offers you
a back-door entrance.

some very interesting reading. I've
tried a search but nothing really seems to come up for me.
I have a square of land (approx 2m by 2m) in a shaded corner of my
garden, it does get some sun in the late evening however. My wife is
very keen to have a fruit tree in the garden and this would seem a good
place for it - would anyone have any suggestions of types of fruit tree
to plant?

That's difficult. Is it 2mx 2m spare space in a bed (in which you could
just about fit a tree in (though if it's already shaded, adding a tree
would exacerbate the shade problems of the surrounding ground), or is it
2m x 2m surrounded by fences, walls etc? - in which case I think it
would be too small for a tree.

Most fruits do better in sun. Have you considered soft fruit?
Blackberries and blackberry hybrids (eg loganberries, tayberries) crop
OK in shade.

(Mods - I wasnt sure where to pit this thread, please move it if
appropriate)

This is an unmoderated newsgroup (as most newsgroups are.)
--
Kay