Old 20-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Mike Lyle

Bowser wrote:
Hi folks, nice site you have here, some very interesting reading.

I've
tried a search but nothing really seems to come up for me.
I have a square of land (approx 2m by 2m) in a shaded corner of my
garden, it does get some sun in the late evening however. My wife

is
very keen to have a fruit tree in the garden and this would seem a
good place for it - would anyone have any suggestions of types of
fruit tree to plant?

(Mods - I wasnt sure where to pit this thread, please move it if
appropriate)

Hi Bowser! Welcome to the group. You've introduced yourself with a
tough problem: Kay's answer covers it, I'm afraid, unless somebody in
here has some points to add. A thornless blackberry with pretty cut
leaves would look nice and taste OK. There are a lot of flowers which
like some shade, and these could go in front. Easy ones include:
foxgloves, pansies, London pride, bergenia, snowdrops, begonias
(begonias probably won't survive the winter, though) primroses,
"bleeding heart", aquilegia, pulmonaria (though not all together!)

If you want to get the whole newsgroup, try going to:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/uk.rec.gardening

There are technically better ways, but it works fine, and usually
quickly. If you browse around what you see, you may find some other
groups to interest you, too -- everything from Aardvarks to Aztecs
and onwards!

--
Mike.