Old 20-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Bruce Geist

David,

I saw the earlier response to your question. My own opinion is that playing
with phosphate is very problematic; Some folks control algae by making all
other nutrients abundant and limiting phosphate. There should be plenty of
phosphate in the food you feed your fish every day (especially for a 10
gallon
aquarium) and you may really mess things up by adding phosphate.

Before adjusting the chemistry too much, try to move your annubias to a
shady spot in the tank; you might limit the algae growth in this way. Try
this especially if there are no other algae problems in the tank. Green
spot algae
is normal on an Annubias.

In case you want to understand plant nutrients more, here is a nice link
explaining nutrient levels and how to test and maintain them:

http://www.sfbaaps.com/reference/barr_02_01.shtml

Bruce

"David J. Braunegg" wrote in message
My Anubias leaves are getting covered with green spot algae. Anything I
can/should do about this?

10 gallon tank
Platys, Corys, and Otos
4 small Valisnerias, 1 Anubias, and 2 Crypts (all for about 1 month)
12 or 13 hours of light from a Triton tube
pH ~7.6

Thanks,
Dave