Old 20-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Kitsune Miko

I agree with those who say wait till spring or after
spring flowering to re pot you azalea, but you can
begin styling without repotting.

The soil mix used in California zone 9 is composed of
akadama soil, lava, and peat. Is fast draining to
allow for heavy feeding and repeated soil flusing.

It is always better to get aquainted with a plant
before you get to a level of intimacy.

Kits
--- Jo Trojer wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first post on this list, I am Jo and live
in Innsbruck (Austria) and I was wondering if you
could give me advice on Azalea's etc. I have one
from a Nursery (not bonsai yet) and I want to re-pot
it in a bonsai container and start working on it.
Late summer is the right time, right?

I also have a few citrus trees and was wondering if
I can use the special Azalea soil that I get from
the nursery for the citrus trees?? The reason I was
wondering about this is because both like acidic
soil...

Is the Rhododendron soil I can buy at the nursery
any good for bonsai Azaleas or should I take other
soils or maybe mix it with a clay-granulate to
improve drainage?

Thanks for any help.

Jo Trojer
Innsbruck

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue
Crabtree++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott