Old 20-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Tom Randy

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:36:12 -0400, orchidnewbie wrote:

Help!!! I bought 2 phals 4 days ago from Home Depo. When I water them
tiny white bugs appear out of the potting media. Anyone else get that??
They don't come out except when I first water. Any ideas?? Also, the
leaves of one phal are wrinkled but seem to be lifting a bit. I haven't
overwatered. I watered it on Sunday when I got it and then again today,
Thursday because I checked the bottom of the pot and it was dry. Do I
just need to wait a bit while the plant gets used to a home environment??
Two of the 3 buds are in bloom but one of the buds already turned yellow
and I plucked it off, but new buds are growing. Thank you so much. I
already killed two phals last year...please don't ask. I don't want to be
a "repeat offender". Thanks again.

Springtails or soil mites. Harmless. They feed on organic matter. Letting
the soil dry out between waterings is one control method.