Old 20-05-2005, 05:47 PM
RichToyBox

Sorry, 0.8 pounds per hundred gallons is only 0.1%.
--
RichToyBox

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
One, do not use 3% salt. For parasites, a 0.3% is more appropriate, and
that is equivalent to about 0.8 pounds of salt per 100 gallons.

Two, the fish with what looks like a loose flap of skin, may have a loose
flap of skin. The fish will damage themselves, particularly during
spawning.

Three, as everyone else has recommended, get test kits and run the tests.
--
RichToyBox

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
My pond is about 1200gal or should I say two ponds that are connected.
Only
the bottom pond has fish, six gold fish and three Koi and about 15 little
minnows that my kids got out of the local creek. I recently noticed one
of
my gold fish with some of the skin is hanging a way. I think it is some
kind of fungus. Do you or anybody else out there know how to make a 3%
salt
salutation. I want to make a small bowl with a 3% salt salutation and
just
put the sick fish in it. Dose anybody know how to do this.

As I started to look at all the other fish I noticed another gold fish
with
little black spots on its side. Looks like someone took a ballpoint pen
and
put dots on it. Any idea or help would be welcome. Rick.