Old 21-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD
Hello all,

I just bought a small plant of this variety at a plant sale put on by a local plant society. Anything I should be aware of before I plant him? I'm in zone 6a, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It's been pouring rain here for days, so I haven't put him in the ground yet.

KD
Hi KD,

I realize you asked this a while ago, but here's some helpful info on growing lilacs.
http://spi.8m.com/care.htm
http://www.gardenersnet.com/lilac/lilac02.htm

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.