Old 07-02-2003, 08:42 AM

Default Greenhouse heater problem

I should think you have the wick up to height. light the wick then check

on

it after about 10 mins, the flame tends to get larger as the stove warms

up,

you want a nice BLUE flame with no sign of yellow.
I used to be able to trim the wicks just once a week, and I had 6 double
burner stoves burning , sometimes 24 hours a day if it was cold.

Is this for parrafin burning, I mean the blue flame bit, because nothing I
do to mine will ever make it burn blue, the wicks have been trimed, and nice
fresh parrafin and then the wicks can be turned down after five minutes of
burning and they will go out before they burn blue.
Duncan

Does anyone know can you burn Kerosene (central heating oil) in
a greenhouse heater? I am paying 21.5 per liter at the moment which
is a lot cheaper than parrafin.
cheers Keith