Old 21-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Kira Dirlik

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:51:28 GMT, Derek Mark Edding
wrote:

Thanks for the good info.

Ours also had primer on the exterior surface of the siding. Sounds like
the stuff is tougher than it looks. We did get the pressure treated
floor, so we expect that to last. We covered the floor with two coats
of paint too.

Ours was over $2000, same size. The base price was like $1750, but we
added a number of options.

Have you had any problem with bugs taking up residence? We seem to get
a lot of wasps, especially in the Spring.

-dreq

A few wasps but the carpenter bees are the problem, in the 2 x 4's
holding up the roof. After they made the holes, apparently the
woodpeckers went after them and dug out their tunnels, so there are
now long deep gouges. I started swatting, once I noticed this, and
the 2 x 4's still seem to be holding up fine.
There are also cockroaches, camelback crickets, and once a black snake
(cute) and a copperhead (not cute). I open the doors, stand back,
and shout, "OKAY in there! I'm coming in!" It has been 3 years
since I have seen the snakes.
Well, I'm in deep woods. I came and invaded THEIR homes, so I
generally live and let live, unless it means destruction of my
property .... or death (mine).
Kira