Old 21-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Lar

In article ,
says...
Hi, I live in Sanantonio Texas. I have planted a garden for the first
time in my life. Everything seems to be growing well. My question is,
will my plants reproduce fruit/vegetables all summer into the fall, or
will some die and I will need to plant another crop in the late
summer. I have planted:

beans

beans will bear well into summer ..keep picking the pods, they will
start thinning out mid Summer so a fall crop will be good to have
peas
peas do better in Spring

cucumbers
will produce into summer..may get a more bitter taste when real hot,
insect/disease may kill out plants into summer

zucchini squash
will produce when hot, but later in summer will fall victim to a couple
of pests

tomatoes
when it gets real hot they will not produce well..may have to baby them
through end of summer, but will start to produce again..better crop by
putting out new plants end of July

corn on the cob
make sure they are grouped tightly so that they will pollinate..will get
your best ears early summer

broccoli
I always thought of it as a cool weather crop..gotten best crops in
fall plantings

Thanks,
Rodger

--