Old 21-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley

A friend has DirecTV's DirecWay for his internet connection and does
not use a landline [not required].

Yes, I'm familiar with Direcway, but unfortunately it would cost more
than 2 times as much as a landline. It would be much faster than
dialup, but for that kind of money I can afford to wait for a few
seconds for each page to load. Here is a price quote from the DirecWay
website:

"DIRECWAY gives you two ways to pay. Our up-front option lets you pay
$599.98 now, and then just $59.99 for Home service or $89.99 for
Professional service per month for 15 months. Prefer to spread out your
payments? Then simply pay $99.99 up front, and $99.99 for Home service
or $129.99 for Professional service per month for the first 15 months.
After the 15th month, your monthly fee will drop to the $59.99 or
$89.99 rate per month."

John Cowart