Old 21-05-2005, 05:37 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:25:04 -0500, (DD DDD) wrote:

I have a 300 gallon pond. The filter and pump is 1800gph which is way
overkill. My problem is Sometimes I want it quiet by the pond so I can
just look at my creatures without them flowing around from the strong
current the pump makes. I can slow down the filter a little but it says
no more than 2/3 . And if I shut it off to long I kill the bio filter
bacteria. I guess my problem is I just need plenty of oxygen so my fish
are happy. When I shut off the pump for a hour or so they just get lazy
and seem to need oxygen. I was told a airpump puts no air at all in the
pond , that it just makes rolling water that adds oxygen. Is this true?
The airpump must put some oxygen in. I have 3 small turtles in the pond
also and they hate the rapid moving water. I have the 1 1/2 inch outlet
hose on a rock that makes it like a waterfall and the fish are lively
and love it. So cant I just add a few air stones or air bubbler when the
pump is off for about 1-2 hours? I lost 1 turtle already because the
flow is to much. I cant put a fountain in either. Help

How about making the pond bigger? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~