Old 21-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Sacha

On 21/5/05 11:41, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Tim W wrote:
I have an urge to attempt to pave an sort of patio area with wooden
blocks. does anyone have experience or advice?

snip
The end grain would give a little grip, but would the blocks perhaps
be rather slippery when wet? I wonder, too, if it might be much
harder to get green algae off them.

Elm, of course, is famous for water-resistance: I wonder how easy it
is to get, though.

I think this might not be what the OP wants as a finished effect, but you
can buy squares of decking type planks which have a ribbed finish to
increase 'grip'. Those laid with the ribbing 'stripes' in alternate
directions could give an interesting effect. From memory, they're about 18"
square.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk