Old 21-05-2005, 04:30 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Silver Bich tree

Sure you can, jut remember to bring up a new branch as
a new leader and shorten the remaining branches so
that they are in scale to the composition.

In my experience birch tend to bleed at large wounds
if you don't repot/cut roots at t he same time. You
may consider using cut paste on you cuts as an aid.

Kits

--- AGrid wrote:
I have a silver Birch tree that is in a normal 6
inch pot and about 1mt
high.I want to put it in a bonsai pot after winter
is finished here in
australia but i dont want it that high.Can i cut it
down to a better size
300-400mm maybe leaving about 4-5 branches.?
Grid.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Kevin
Bailey++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott