Old 21-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Cereus-validus.....

It all depends if you intend to use it to kill snails or fertilize your
garden with it.

How many times over do you intend to kill the snails? Don't you know you can
only kill them once?

"WPB" wrote in message
Hello, all: I'm a new homeowner and first-time gardener so you'll have to
forgive questions that no doubt will seem naive and silly.

In any event, I bought some Safer's Slug and Snail Bait because I have
snails in my front garden. Which has some assorted annual and perennial
plants and flowers in it. The box says that it contains ferric phosphate
at .76%.

I spread these pellets throughout the garden, but was a bit concerned that
I had used too much. It's hard to say in a newsgroup how much is "too
much" (like "there are on average 97 pellets per square foot"). For the
sake of argument, let's say I did use too much. Will these pellets hurt
my
plants?

I'm not excited about the idea of going out there with a teaspoon and
fishing most of the pellets out.

Many thanks for any information!

David in Toronto