Old 21-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Dwayne

I have heard of them being planted in a 5 gallon bucket. I tried squash
that way but didn't watch them closely enough for watering, and they all
died. This year I saw a man carrying about 12 plastic 5 gallon buckets he
had just bought. He said he was going to drill homes in the bottom and use
them for planting tomatoes. This might be a pretty popular way pretty soon.

Dwayne

wrote in message ...
I have just acquired a few melon seedlings, two water melon, two
charentais. I'm aiming to grow them in a greenhouse but I'm not quite
sure what to plant them in really. I suspect that if grown in a
normal pot there may be a bit of a problem with support for the melons
(if I get any).

What's the best sort of thing to plant them in?

--
Chris Green - at home