Old 21-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Bob Hobden

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in reply to
Dah :

I will be a first time visitor this year. Any tips or advice would be
much appreciated.

This Q comes up every year so you'll find longer previous answers in
the google archives. But briefly

To see everything I want to takes me at least 6 hours, and that's
leaving out several sections. The crowds slow you down. So, wear very
comfortable shoes, (preferably not strappy sandals, because your feet
may get trodden on and if it rains it will be squidgy underfoot) and
light loose clothes. Take a fair sized bag with either shoulder strap or
backpack; you'll get lots of leaflets, freebies, catalogues etc to
carry. Repeat, dress for comfort. Especially the shoes. Don't be even
remotely tempted to make this a fashion catwalk occasion..nobody else
will.

Arrive as early as possible and do the big marquee first, before it
gets hot and crowded

Catering/drinks queues are lengthy and expensive, with very limited
seating. I recommend taking a packed lunch, bottle of water, plastic
bag..then you can sit on the grass in the shade listening to the band
and have a little rest.

Janet has said it all but I will confirm, make for the marquee first and be
methodical in your route, unless you really, really, want to see the show
gardens.
And wear good comfortable shoes you will be on your feet all day!
Often wondered if it's better to get there in the afternoon, anyone done
that?

--
Regards
Bob