Old 21-05-2005, 09:21 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Water/dew drops covering grape vines...

We've had some dry weather, and today I soaked much of the garden. Mid
afternoon I noticed,clear egg-like drops hanging on the green vines of
the grapes. I immediately thought they were eggs of some bug, even
spotted a ladybug on the vine too. I took a paper towel and started
brushing them off. That's when I realized they were absolutely
everywhere. Every green vine had them, even some of the veins under
the leaves had a few. The more I brushed them off the damper the
paper towel became. Then I realized they were water/sap.

So is this normal or did I over do the watering?

The ground has very good drainage and there is no standing water. Any
watering I do gets absorbed quickly. I don't recall seeing this last
year.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/