Old 21-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Paula

On Sat, 21 May 2005 20:53:51 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from (Paula) contains these words:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:00:42 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

GM crops are produced,marketed and eaten in the USA. But they are
not produced here, largely because the UK public declined to buy them.
Some UK supermarkets make a selling point of "no GM products in foods we
sell". So why are you quoting anecdotal, unproven, specifically American
food reports about consumption of GM foods, as if they relate to the
very different circumstances/consumption here in the UK?

GM IS produced in the UK and is used globally. I suggest you actually
do a little research instead of lying through your teeth even if it is
through ignorance, its no excuse.

There have only been GM * trials* in the UK. The trial crops were for
scientific examination only, and were not processed into or used for
food ( either animal or human).

Any particular reason your misinformation is trying to sidetrack us
from Monsanto and herbiceds/pesticides or do you just have some
attention disorder, which, no doubt is do to ingestion of said
chemicals perhaps?

I note that every single website you have quoted refers to reports and
research originating from other countries. Wouldn't it be more effective
to provide UK gardeners with UK research evidence, performed in the UK,
peer reviewed in the UK, relevant to UK climate, soils, conditions,
farming practices, forestry practices and UK products containing
glyphosate?

Not really if we're a global economy.

The UK has its own agricultural economy, which is heavily researched.
How very odd that you, a very concerned public informant on the subject,
can't produce a single example of accredited UK research about the
topics you're discussing.

What part of GM being a global issue do you not understand?

My local shops stock daily
foodstuffs from all over the world, Im surprised yours doesnt!

My local supermarket (Co-op) provides the provenance of all its
foodstuffs, from all over the word, and guarantees them free of GM
products. The rest of our food is produced locally, or bought from
accredited organic sources.

Well bully for you, most people in the UK shop at Tesco so I guess
that doesnt quite add up to your fantasy then?