Old 21-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Often wondered if it's better to get there in the afternoon,

anyone
done that?

The mid-day is undoubtedly busiest and it quietens considerably

in
late afternoon. That's why I used to be near the front of the queue

at
8, take a sit-down lunch break reading catalogues etc during the
busiest time followed by some less-frantic area (greenhouses or
furniture perhaps) and return to the fray later as the other early
birds wore out and went home :-)

To strike a discordant note, I think the Chelsea Flower Show is quite
close to Hell on Earth. And that's just the Members' Day. I doubt if
I'll ever go again. The only thing of the kind I can think of which
was worse was when I once insanely went to the Ideal Home Exhibition.
I'd almost rather go to Glastonbury.

--
Mike.