Old 21-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Sacha

On 21/5/05 21:45, in article , "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Often wondered if it's better to get there in the afternoon,

anyone
done that?

The mid-day is undoubtedly busiest and it quietens considerably

in
late afternoon. That's why I used to be near the front of the queue

at
8, take a sit-down lunch break reading catalogues etc during the
busiest time followed by some less-frantic area (greenhouses or
furniture perhaps) and return to the fray later as the other early
birds wore out and went home :-)

To strike a discordant note, I think the Chelsea Flower Show is quite
close to Hell on Earth. And that's just the Members' Day. I doubt if
I'll ever go again. The only thing of the kind I can think of which
was worse was when I once insanely went to the Ideal Home Exhibition.
I'd almost rather go to Glastonbury.

We have decided never to attend Chelsea again. By the time you've been
pushed, shoved, almost knocked over by the hordes of people (on Members'
Day, yes) you're tired, bruised, headachey and cross. Last time we went, I
belonged to a club, just minutes away, where we had stayed the night before,
so we turned up before the gates opened and were *still* caught in a
seething tide of humanity - and it was an intermittently rainy day. No,
never again. What a very great shame that the once-considered move to
Osterley Park never happened - loads more space!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)