Old 22-05-2005, 05:31 AM
JoeT

"_" wrote in message ...

"Jinxy" wrote in message
I live in a rural neighborhood. My lawn approx 2 acres is infested with
dandelions this year. I've read on the net to only cut a bit of lawn

(height
wise) to keep the lawn tall so the dandelions don't get any sun. Of
course

will have to cut very often to avoid clumping. I've decided the above

method
is what I'm going to try this year.

My neighbor is a different story. They seem to love cutting their grass

and
are out there the minute spring arrives. They cut theirs very, very
short..bald you could say, and they seem to cut every third day or so.

I've
been watching and they don't seem to have very many dandelions..or they

are
cutting the heads off of them so maybe the lawn looks deceiving?? My yard
looks terrible compared to theirs because of me not mowing as often as

them
(I have to wait till it gets tall)

Soooo will my plan work? Or should I do what they are doing?

Looks like you answered your own question.

You've observed the results of mowing before the weeds bloom and you said
it
looks good.

If you don't like mowing (sometimes I don't like to either) why not locate
12 year old that likes the extra $6 a week to do it for you?

--

Wow if you know *anyone* who'll mow 2 acres for $6.00 send em our way!
Average around here is $20.00 a shot for an 9,000 sq ft (and smaller) lawn

All kidding aside though it's a sure bet that waiting until dandelions turn
fuzzy and deposit seed everywhere before mowing is a fantastic way to insure
another bumper crop of dandelions!