Old 22-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Paul A. Ergh

I have found that these extremely expensive bulbs work a little better than
the typical planted aquarium bulb for plants. But it is worth twice the
price, or more? What I like the best about these bulbs is that they put off
the frequencies needed from a plant bulb but tend to put off additional
frequencies and give the aquarium a nicer look.

I no longer use them due to the price. I have switched to a more standard
planted aquarium bulb. Unfortunately they give off a more purple color. I
am toying with the idea of mixing these bulbs with standard white
home/office bulbs. I have a 75g with six 40 watt 48" bulbs. So, if I mixed
I would be doing 4 of the plant bulbs and 2 of the standard white.

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
Am I crazy with this idea in a freshwater planted tank?

Yeah, fraid so. Lots folks try this and discover as the books say it's
light outside of the range plants can use. You might like the looks
but it does the plants zero good whatsoever.

633CSi 250SE/C 300SD | Killies, killi.net, Crypts, aquaria.net
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Old wris****ches http://watches.list.mbz.org