Old 22-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Malcolm

On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:45:25 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Paula wrote:
On Sat, 21 May 2005 21:24:18 +0100, Jupiter
wrote:

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:09:31 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Jupiter
writes
What evidence is there that a contact herbicide with no residual
properties, inactive on ground contact, is destroying the

planet?

Well it's the only thing that nearly controls the ground elder

that
is growing in from next door. I can't dig it all out as the main
part is in their overgrown flower beds.

Janet

Glad that we're back to the practicalities without the drivel

about
'destroying the planet'. Ground Elder is virtually impossible to
eradicate by digging out, especially if it's on clay soil.
I still have a stock of Gramoxone, requiring carefuland judicious

use
-banned not because of destroying the planet but because of
destroying those humans idiotic enough to drink it.

Only by those silly enough to have it in the garden shed anyway.

Paula, I've been pondering your messages. You seem anxious to
disagree even with those who would agree with you. Most people in
this group avoid the use of synthetic chemicals, and say so; those
who do readily use them are very cautious about it, and, if prompted,
say so.

Actually not from what I see, most of the idiots here want to kill all
the wildlife and plants in their gardens in the naive quest for some
sort of still life picture of an actual unnatural garden.

Have you ever paused to consider the possibility that you're nuts?

Said the village idiot.

I know I am:

That figures.