Old 22-05-2005, 09:09 AM
George

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
news:4qUje.26665$WG.12844@attbi_s22...
Bentonite is great to use for planting water plants. It also is good for

fixing
leaks. But don't buy the overpriced crap sold by dealers. You can buy

100 lbs
of bentonite powder for about $6.00 at an industrial pump or drillers

supply
company.

========================
Everything for ponds and pond fish is horribly overpriced. That's why I buy
catfish food for my koi and large goldfish. It runs around $10 for a 50 lb
bag. Today I bought a large fish net I now need because of the size of some
of my koi. It was $20 in the fishing dept. of an Outdoors/Sporting goods
type of store - over $30 at a pet shop in Nashville.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...

Marine aquarium dealers are even worse than that. I really think that the FTC
should investigate these people because I think that they gouge the consumer.