Old 22-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Kay

In article , Kevin Groves
writes

BTW I *really* like these alpine ones. Small but very strong and they
can take a huge amount of various weather conditions.

I have either these or a large fruited (up to marble sized) wild
strawberry growing in weed-like proportions in many of my flower beds.
They area fiddle to pick, but wonderful to browse when working in the
garden.

For example, last summer on the hotest couple of days I forgot to water
them. They whole lot flaked out and all the plants were flat on the
floor. A quite water and into partial shade. A few days later it was
like it had never happened.

I never have to water mine! But then, this is Yorkshire. And they're
growing in shade anyway.

Are yours growing in sun? You could try moving a few plants into a shady
area and seeing whether it affects the crop - if not, then you would
both get rid of the need for watering, and release a sunny area for
something else.
--
Kay