Old 22-05-2005, 12:04 PM
Mike Lyle

martin wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:08:48 +0100, Chris Hogg

wrote:

Martin, if you do this with the message containing Franz's

address,
it will be interesting to see if it goes from people's individual
computers, as well as usenet in general.

The "cancel usenet message" function should only delete messages

from
the servers. I suspect I sent Franz's address only to Sacha and not

the whole group.

And, AIUI, you can't delete messages from the Gg archive. I suppose
there must be some way of dealing with bad spoof messages, but it
can't be automatic, or the archive wouldn't be an archive.

--
Mike.