Old 22-05-2005, 12:55 PM
rbel

In message , Malcolm
writes
On Sat, 21 May 2005 22:29:05 +0100, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Chris Wilson wrote:
We have a 100 yard conifer hedge with post and rail fencing tight
against it on the outside. The fence has 1/2 inch wire mesh stapled
along its inside, to keep the ornamental birds we keep in. This

makes
weeding a laborious task, as you can only reach under from one

side.
Is there a sprayable weed killer available that will not harm the
hedge? We have grass growing virtually to the base of the hedge,

but
we don't mind if the very edge of the lawn suffers slightly!

A similar question applies to the beech hedge down another similar
sized boundary.

If you've no objection to using glyphosate ("Roundup" etc), it won't
do the slightest harm to the hedge

Actually it will, especially if you times your idiotic advice by the
thousands of people who also naively rely on such toxic chemicals,
usually thinking advice from the village idiot is OK.

You can download "Glyphosate.pdf" from their website at
www.pesticide.org

As I have a similar problem I would be interested to know what harm
would the careful application of glyphosate do to the hedge if the user
is careful to ensure that no drift or overspray occurs.

--
rbel