Old 22-05-2005, 05:52 PM
p-nut

Chuck wrote:
Do the pine needles have their own special
chemicals to kill every thing else.. or is it they change the ph to a
point nothing else wants to grow?
Thanks..

2 yrs ago when we bought our house there was this 20ft pine tree in our
front yard that was never trimmed.
It looked terrible imo.
I trimmed the branches up high enough so that I could mow under it and
cleaned all the dead stuff out of the center of it.
I raked all the yrs worth of needles up (7 38gl trash bags worth) and put
down seed and straw.
This yr I have a great looking lawn around it with little to no needles
dropping due to it being cleaned out.
Just have to deal with the cones dropping which I just bag the grass which
cut/picks them up.

It was a lot of work but it looks great around it now.