Old 22-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Saikei

The Bonsai Society of Brevard (County, Florida) held a monthly meeting
yesterday with a program from the authors of Wonderworld of Bonsai & Saikei, Jyoti &
Nikunj Parekh of India. They produced a landscape using small material of
Black Olive and Fukein Tea. I have a rather old book (1969), Bonsai Saikei and
Bonkei by Robert Lee Behme. According to Behme, Saikei was started in Japan
after WW II by Toshio Kawamoto. I think some of my other older books also mention
this art form.
At the meeting it was also announced that the Society had entered into an
agreement for an ongoing Bonsai exhibit at the Brevard County Zoo.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++