Old 08-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Wild roses cut back to 4 inches high...

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:27:44 -0000, "gareth crawshaw"
wrote:

I and my neighbours have (or had until yesterday) a row of wild roses that
were about 5 feet high (4ft deep and 80ft long) along the front of our
gardens. Yesterday, I returned home to discover that the coucil's landscape
gardeners had pruned this row to a height of about four inches...

The question is then, are the plants likely to recover from such a severe
cutting? Thanks for any answers...

They'll likely come back more strongly than ever.

Be sure to phone up and complain bitterly about this
state-sponsored vandalism, btw. Municipal offices *hate*
complaints and a good, long whine from you right now may prevent
a repetition.

And don't accept any kind of guff about "hazard to passers by".
Accuse them of being environmental vandals, remind them of the
number of birds' nests destroyed, etc.

If you *really* want to have fun, phone your local newspaper and
see if they'll put a picture on the front page "pruner-wielding
municipal thugs strike again."

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada