Old 22-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Vox Humana

"MaryJoL" wrote in message
My sister lives in Georgia and has tried, unsucessfully, to grow lilac
bushes. Does anyone know if there is a type of Lilac that will grow
sucessfully in georgia? Thanks for any info....

I would recommend that your sister visit some reputable garden centers in
her area - NOT places like Wal-Mart. They would know what grows well in the
area and can sell her an appropriate plant. They will also be able to give
advice on selecting a planting site, and in most cases can plant the shrub
for her. Georgia covers a couple of zones and there are mountain and costal
areas. In a particular location, there are issues such as how much sun the
plant gets, soil conditions, etc. It might help to elaborate on what
"unsuccessful" means. I have been successful in growing a hydrangeas in one
area of my property and successful in another. I have two lilacs that are
doing quite well and next-door, my neighbor's lilac died over the winter.