Old 22-05-2005, 07:45 PM
jugglingeek

Default New pond, Herren

My dad and I have just built a pond for the purpose of keeping koi
carp. 4000 gallons of water. It was hard work digging the hole let me
tell you

http://hompage.ntlworld.com/jugglingeek1/pond.jpeg

That's a picture of it.

We havn't put any fish in it yet but this evening I looked out of the
window and to my suprise saw a herren (spelling?) eyeing up the pond.
This was wierd coz I have never seen a herren in my life. I know that
these birds like to eat fish and don't generaly discriminate over how
much you have paid for them.

The pond will have sharp edges coz we are putting flag stones round the
whole thing, and the shallowest point is a shelf we have for plants
about 12 inches deep.

What more can we do to stop these birds eating our fish once we put
fish in the pond.

Jugglingeek

By the way this is my first time posting on rec.ponds but I'm a regular
on rec.juggling