Old 22-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Peter Coddington

Default Suffolk Punch Mower.

I have a Qualcast Suffolk Punch petrol mower (43S,Model, 17 inch cut)
Cutting the lawn the blades suddenly stopped revolving and the engine became
louder. Nothing caught in the blades. Clutch adjustment seems OK,Looking at
the drive chain this adjustment is as it should be but with the engine
running the top pulley is not revolving so therefore it is not turning the
bottom pulley to drive the blades.
With the engine turned off I can turn the chain by hand and both pulleys
revolve.
The nut securing the pulley is tight so it seems that the shaft on which the
pulley is attached has come adrift somewhere.
Not being a mechanic is seems to be an expensive engine strip down job? Any
views please.?
Peter.