Old 28-10-2002, 02:16 PM
cormaic

Default My greenhouse moved!

'Twas Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:44:51 -0000, when "Paul D.Smith"
enriched all our lives with these worthy
thoughts:

Now the question - how? My concrete is about 4inches x 4inches on a
hardcore base (sunken into the ground) so won't take rawlbolts.

Why not? You can get 50mm anchor bolts from most BMs for about
50p each.

I'm
considering a piece of dexion hammered into the ground in each internal
corner and then bolting this to the steel base. Do the readers think I need
to concrete the dexion in as well or would 2ft long pieces sunk into the
ground be enough?

Why not fix a length of, say 50x100 treated timber to the base
and then fasten the GH to the timber. It would give you an extra 50mm
head clearance.

--
cormaic URG faqs/webring - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/
Culcheth Garden - www.tmac.clara.co.uk/garden/

cormaic CAN BE FOUND AT borlochshall.co.uk