Old 23-05-2005, 12:46 AM
Lighthouse Kerry Blues

I'm not sure exactly what kind of Hackberry it is. It was sold to us as
a Huckleberry tree. We came home to do research on it over the
internet, only to find that a Huckleberry doesn't look anything like
what we have. We did a leaf match and found out it's a Hackberry. The
guy we bought it from, also told us to error on the side of over
watering it and to bring it inside once the temps hit 110.

I did a google image search and it does appear to be a Celtis
reticulata just going by the leaf. After reading more about it, it
seems like this tree should be doing really well in Phoenix and can
handle full sun once it's established. That comes from the Phoenix
bonsai site you were telling me to look for.

Stephanie