Old 22-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Kevin Groves

Kay wrote:
I have either these or a large fruited (up to marble sized) wild
strawberry growing in weed-like proportions in many of my flower beds.
They area fiddle to pick, but wonderful to browse when working in the
garden.

Ah mine are in very large tubs so good access. :-)

Are yours growing in sun? You could try moving a few plants into a shady
area and seeing whether it affects the crop - if not, then you would
both get rid of the need for watering, and release a sunny area for
something else.

Full sun and it's only carefull watering on the *very* hot days. I have
a large tank which I top up from my water buts to feed a gravity fed
irrigation system.

I have about a dozen fruits in the garden and most are in tubs which are
supplied by this method.

Looking good supply for this year although the redcurrents have wind damage.

Kev,