Old 23-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Steve

BenGman wrote:

1) the corn plant is about 5" tall
2) the yellow is more like in an area, in sploches
3) it mostly is around the outer leaves
4) i have a bit of leaf spot going on my tomato plants, but other than
that, it is only on my corn

Has it been cool where ever you are? Corn can have trouble with nutrient
uptake if the soil is cool. That problem will not continue after the
temperatures warm up.
What you describe doesn't sound like any common corn disease to me. I
think your corn will out grow it. You'll know in a week or two.
By the way, corn does need a lot of nitrogen. Without it, the plants
will be weak and yellow. I use lawn fertilizer on mine, but not until it
is a foot tall or so. (This is after normal 5-10-10 or 10-10-10 at
planting time.)

Steve