Old 23-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Johann

Am Fri, 20 May 2005 13:10:45 -0500 schrieb X-man:

I have a "WalMart bonsai" tree w/ the gnarled trunk and small oval
leaves. It's suddenly losing leaves, they dry up in one area and fall
off. Haven't changed anything...however been overcast and not getting as
much quality sunlight. PLEASE e-me or post any diagnosis. THANKS!

'they dry up in one area' sounds like root rot. Then you should give less
water and change soil. Best bonsai soil is Akadama. You can mix it with
sand or lava granulate, then surplus water can drain and soil is good
aerated, so roots can't rot anymore. Furhtermore you should be very
economise with fertilisers!

greetings,
Johann