Old 23-05-2005, 03:53 PM
nblomgren

On Sun, 22 May 2005 23:49:48 GMT, "Walter R."
wrote:

I have several holly shrubs, about 8 feet tall. They were getting massive
and too close to the house. I pruned them really hard, leaving only a few
leaves. They came back within 3 months, smaller and plusher than before.

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

That may be the way to go with this one. It's so dense right now that
the branches inside are bare, with the leaves on the outside like a
skin.

It'll probably look stark for a while, but in the long run would be in
scale with the house and have a more pleasing shape.

Is this the best time of year to do it?

Thanks!

--Nan